Friday, December 20, 2013

Mai Asia...not my Asia.

Looking for Pho in all the wrong places...

Mai Asia has a bunch of great reviews on the the net.  Perhaps they are all for their very good Salad Rolls and peanut ginger sauce.  I could eat those all night.

Their Pho Ga, which is our favorite type of Vietnamese Pho or "Pho Soup" as my four year old likes to call it- was not the stuff of my dreams.

The chicken was...probably boiled.  Not the biggest sin, but steamed is a better texture.

The broth is where this soup goes really wrong.  It tastes...heavy and smells...um...organish? As if they boiled the stock with the whole chicken in it and only removed the feathers?

I don't want to beat them up, the owners and staff were awesome, they gave my kid a jelly and were friendly and kind.  I kinda want to jump back there and give them a lesson in clear broth.  But that would be totally rude.

If all Pho in the burbs is like this...I'm going to have to order Pho Kit by the case.  While Brandy would LOVE my business, we tend to go out to Pho on nights I don't want to cook!

No comments:

Post a Comment